The Down Syndrome Association of Northwest Indiana & Chicagoland is implementing annual dues starting this year to help us continue our quality events, programs, and services.
Choose Your Membership
Need More Membership Info?
Family membership is per household (all individuals living together under/at the same roof/address).
Volunteer Membership (40 hours)
A volunteer family membership is per household. The forty (40) volunteer hours are due by the end of 2018 , which can be completed by any combination of individuals within the household who are at least 14+ years of age.
First-Time Membership (free)
A first-time family membership is free and is per household. This membership is for families who may be new to the area, just had a new baby, just heard about the DSA of NWI & Chicagoland for the first time or has been disengaged for more than a two year period.
Read About the Perks!
(Note: the DSA of NWI & Chicagoland reserves the right to cancel or change programs and events)
Being a member of the DSA of NWI & Chicagoland is not just for individuals with special needs!
Its an entire family experience!
When you sign-up as a member of the DSA, each member of your family (per household) is a member too!
- Participate in DSA of NWI age-appropriate social groups and activities
- Attend FREE educational programs and workshops
- Updated DSA website
- DSA Social Media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Enrollment in our Making Connections Tutoring Program (reading and math)
- Chit Chat Speech Groups (all ages)
- Lending Library-A place to check out books, DVDs and developmental games
- Monthly Arts Abound Classes (all ages)
- Birthday cards delivered to persons with disabilities during the month of their birthday
- Eligibility to be included in DSA Give Back Program
- Quarterly newsletters
- Automatic enrollment in our email notification group
- New Parent Welcome Packets for new babies and families
- Summer Family Picnic
- Fall Outing
- Spring Egg Hunt
- Open Play and Game Nights
- Yearly Baby Shower
- Tiny Tots Playgroup (0-4yrs)
- Moms Nights (quarterly)
- Dads Nights (quarterly)
- Monthly signing class
- Cooking Up Cooking Classes
- Teen Stars Group (13&up)
- S.M.I.L.E Group events (18&up)
- Play & Grow Group (Ages 3-8yrs)
- Respite Nights
- Reduced registration cost for events like the Buddy Walk, Holiday Event and other social outings.
But most of all, a yearly DSA membership provides you with pride in knowing you are reaching out into the community to help spread awareness for all individuals with special needs. Your membership is step one in promoting an all inclusive environment for each of our family members to participate in all of our events and programs. By helping families connect with each other we build a strong network in the community giving the DSA a louder voice to continue our mission of improving the life of those with special needs.